At Eye Physicians of the East Bay, we are focused on coaching and empowering our staff to enhance their skill set and perform at their best. You’ll be working alongside East Bay’s most gifted Ophthalmologists who believe in delivering equal healthcare to all. Our practice has been proudly serving the community for over 50 years and look forward to continuing our legacy as we build our team.
A Day in the Life of a Medical Tech:
- Escorting patients to exam rooms and determining history of present illness. · Perform visual acuity testing, auto refractions, other diagnostic testing and imaging such as visual fields, keratometry, biometry, optical coherence tomography (OCT), and ophthalmic photography.
- Scribing physician-patient encounters during examinations.
- Performing workflow associated with surgical procedures (testing, patient education, and post operative care).
- Handling patient inquiries via telephone, email, and EMR.
- Submitting referrals to physicians, ensuring continuity of care and follow-up. · Complete prior-authorizations and requests for prescription refills with required documentation in EMR.
- Educate patients regarding administration of medications and pre and post-operative instructions as directed by physician.
- Manage inventory of medicines and replace as necessary.
- Maintain inventory and facilitate ordering of diagnostic medications and supplies. · Maintain clinical examination equipment.
- Open and close exam lanes daily, ensuring that equipment is sterilized and stored in an appropriate manner
- Comply with all safety procedures as per guidelines.
Your Skills and Talent:
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills to facilitate interactions with patients, physicians and colleagues.
- Possess emotional intelligence, be self-driven and eager to learn and succeed. · Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions and work independently. · Fast typist and computer literate.
- Great customer service and telephone manner.
EYE PHYSICIANS OF THE EAST BAY
- Organized and conscientious about record keeping and follow-up.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Be highly organized and able to handle a variety of tasks and responsibilities in an efficient manner with a high level of quality and energy.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint; Outlook).
- Education and Experience Requirements:
- One or more years of healthcare experience is desired but not required.
- Ophthalmic experience is a plus.
If you are interested in applying, please forward a cover letter and your resume to:
Lashini Samerawickreme, MHA
Eye Physicians of the East Bay
80 Grand Ave., Suite 700
Oakland, CA 94612
Office Tel. (510) 893-4318 Ext. 226
Fax (510) 833-7703
Lunettes du Monde Optometry on 4th Street is currently looking for a volunteer intern! This is a great opportunity for pre-optometry students to get a glimpse of a private optometry setting as well as work closely with opticians and an experienced optometrist. Volunteers will also be given opportunities to shadow/observe.
Past interns have gone on to great optometry schools and our team is happy to help with the application process! There is no previous experience required and we are willing to train the right applicant.
Ideally 8-12 hours a week. Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for a Part Time Optometry Intern for our private optometry practice in
Pleasanton, which is BART accessible. This position is ideal for students in their first
year of optometry school or someone looking to apply to optometry school within the
next two years. We offer a great opportunity to work in a professional office environment
with direct patient interaction, comprehensive training, 401K and employee discounts.
Fitting/styling patients with eyeglasses, Edging lenses, Pre-testing patients,
Administrative functions (i.e. billing, filing, cleaning, scheduling appointments, and
managing inventory). Must be available to work on Saturdays.
Outstanding customer service and communications skills. Enjoys talking and working
with people. Willingness to learn and excel. Prior retail or sales experience is a plus. Prior
healthcare experience or a desire to learn about optometry is a plus. Prior experience as
an optometric assistant or an optician is a plus, but not a requirement.
Entry-level candidates are encouraged to apply, we are willing to train a candidate with
the right personality. If you have these qualifications, you will be a good fit to join our
family, please email us your resume, cover letter, and references. Your cover letter should
indicate (1) your desire to work as an Optometry Intern, (2) your career goals over the
next five years, and (3) your salary requirements. Applications without a cover letter may
not be considered.
Please submit your cover letter and resume in the body of your email in plain text to
Applications due by October 31, 2020.
Full or Part Time pre-Optometry Intern
East Bay Optometry is URGENTLY looking for one full time and one part time pre-optometry interns. Our office is about 15 minutes from Berkeley and it is within walking distance from the Concord BART station. Work with a pleasant staff and a great patient base. Enjoy the personal satisfaction of working in a professional healthcare setting, as well as a fun and exciting fashion eyewear industry. The position comes with pay ($15-$18/hour depending on work experience) and candidates must be graduated, or have 3 full days available. Please be ready to work full time, or almost full time.
We are a smaller office and give more attention to training as well as getting to know the intern well enough to write a strong letter of recommendation. Interns learn everything, from the front of the office, making appointments, knowing all the insurances, to the back office duties in adjustment, dispensing and repair.
If interested, please email resume and cover letter to Dr. Connie Wang at email@example.com.
We are a small office in the North Beach neighborhood of San Francisco. We are looking for either a part time or full time Optometric Assistant who can commit to working for a minimum of 1 year. This is a paid position and we are willing to train the right candidate.
Work days are Fridays and Saturdays and maybe other weekdays as well. We prefer candidates to work a full day instead of half days.
Applicants must be friendly, detailed oriented, punctual, able to multitask, with good communication skills and basic computer knowledge.
This job includes helping patients select frames and lenses for their spectacles. Verify and dispense eyeglasses and contact lenses. Perform pre-tests on patients, clerical and telephone duties, insurance handling and billing. Perfect opportunity for someone who wants to work during the gap year before applying to Optometry school to learn the profession.
Please email a cover letter along with your resume attention to:
Annie Chang at RichardChongOD@gmail.com
– Fluency in Mandarin, Cantonese, or Vietnamese highly preferred
– Pre-testing patients (visual acuity, blood pressure, autorefractor, corneal topography)
– Answering phone calls and scheduling appointments
– Frame selection and fitting
– Provide instruction on care and usage of glasses, contact lenses, and night-time contact lenses (orthokeratology)
– Verifying insurance
If you have any questions, please email fellow Foresighter Jennifer at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you’re interested in applying, send Jennifer your resume over email and she will refer you to the optometrist.
Dr. Lawrence Mock’s private practice, Broadway Eyeworks in Walnut Creek, is looking for a temp optical assistant/optician to start now.
Position be full-time or part-time and would be for at least a month.
Previous experience preferred, but open to chatting to determine if you are a good fit for the position.
The duties include pre-testing patients for the doctor, selecting frames/lenses, adjusting eyewear, front desk work, scheduling patients and putting patients orders through.
Contact Dr. Lawrence Mock at (510) 501-2578 if interested
PART-TIME / FULL-TIME OPTOMETRIC ASSISTANT
We are looking for a part-time Optometric Assistant to work in our practice in the heart of the Financial District San Francisco with easy access to BART. We love working with pre-optometry students and can provide training that will be useful in your career! Our office hours are Mon-Fri and scheduling may be flexible for this paid position. The position will have the opportunity for a possible full-time position as well.
The qualities and skills we are looking for are:
– Friendly and customer service oriented
– Strong multi-tasker willing to be a team player
– Someone who is detail oriented and who can think well on their feet
– An interest and focus on delivering great patient care
Job responsibilities include:
– Using equipment to pre-test and prep patients for doctor
– Answering the phones and scheduling patient appointments
– Working with patients and their glasses and contacts
– Filing and data entry
**Previous optical experience is a bonus, but good communication skills is most important!
If you are interested in this position, please email Goldengateoptometry@
gmail.comwith your cover letter and resume.
Seeking a friendly, energetic, organized, and detailed oriented person with excellent communication skills for an optometric practice in our Fremont/San Leandro/Castro Valley office. Some tasks would include greeting patients, scheduling appointments, answering a multi-line phone, processing patient forms, entering patient data, verifying insurance eligibility, processing insurance claims, selecting frames for patients, ordering contact lenses/glasses for patients and other office functions.
Experience is helpful but we will train the right person. Minimum 1 year commitment.
The individual must be:
Positive and outgoing personality
Dependable and punctual
Enjoys working with the public
Efficient and Productive with multitasking
Good computer skills, 55 WPM minimum
Excellent phone skills
2+ years of college work
If interested please email your resume to email@example.com.
Dr. Wynn Tran (one of the clinical professors in the BV clinic at UCBSO) is looking for an administrative assistant for her practice OptoRehab (www.optorehab.com) in Walnut Creek. She specializes in neuro-optometry and vision therapy and sees patients with a wide range of binocular vision conditions.
Looking for someone to help her with general office tasks, calling and scheduling patients, and maintaining an organized and clean office. Ideally 1-2 times a week for 6-8 hours as well as some remote work.
Please contact Jordan Dulay (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are interested or if you have any questions about the position.